Friday, April 8, 2011

Pantry Meals: Taco Soup


TACO SOUP
In the box:
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans black beans
1 can green chili's
1 can corn
1 qt. jar tomatoes
1.5 Tbsp. taco seasoning (1/2 packet)
3 Tbsp. dry Ranch seasoning (1 packet)
6 chicken bouillon cubes

Add:
1 pint canned hamburger (or 1 lb. cooked)

Unwrap the bouillon cubes.  Mix them with 6 cups of water in a pot.  Drain the beans, and corn.  Add beans, corn, chilies, tomatoes, seasonings and hamburger to the pot.  Cook on low until heated through.  Add more water as needed for the consistency that you like.

In times of plenty, serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese.

I could always buy canned tomatoes, but I get so many out of my garden each year that I bottle them.  I have TONS of bottles of tomatoes in my pantry.  That is why I use them. 

Right now I don't have any bottled hamburger.  Once I get some done, I will add jars of that into each box.

No comments: