When we got back from reunion I decided that I was ready to try something drastic and so I decided to jump on board with my friends and go cold turkey without sugar for a month. If we all make it we are going to go to the spa together or something as our reward. I started on July 7th. So far I have 3 days under my belt and am feeling really good. I am not taking out ALL sugar, just the obvious ones: brownies, doughnuts, cookie dough, candy, chocolate, sugar, syrup...stuff like that. I'm not ready to start reading EVERY label to find & cut out the hidden sugar...that will come in the future sometime.
This has not really been as hard as I thought it would be. I think another factor is my success has been that I have also been working on balancing my hormones. So overall in life I have been feeling more stable and so don't have the need to "eat my way happy" with sugar.
The first hurdle came on day 2 when I was at a ward activity. They were serving ice cream sandwiches...I LOOOOOVE ice cream sandwiches. But I was able to say "no thanks" and really mean it and the kicker is that I didn't feel frustrated or deprived! I am so proud of myself. I am going to go find some big star stickers that I have and start sticking them on the calender to show my success! Yeah me! :)
4 comments:
Good for you on the no ice cream sandwich!! I totally would have caved because I am a loser!! You are my hero!! I have cut WAY back, but there is no way to go cold turkey. I still want to be married!!!
Jen way to go! That is so awesome!! I've spent half my morning reading and copying stuff from your blog. Thanks for posting the great info. The last time I completely quit sugar was 1 month before Thanksgiving so I could pig out on pie, and then Thankgiving to Christmas so that I could pig out the week of Christmas...I know not very smart. I did do a 10 day cleanse a couple months ago...Master Cleanse...if you've heard of it. It was the hardest thing I have ever done but it did take away my cravings for sweets...for a little while at least. Family Reunions come around and I am back on(sugar that is). I just said to Alexa yesterday that I have been thinking about cutting the sugar again and you just inspired me to do it again...so Thank you. I'll keep in touch with you to see how your doing and maybe that will help me. Good Luck!
Wow Jen! I am so impressed! You are way ahead of me... I'm not ready to commit to that quite yet! You are so awesome! That is the way to do it for sure. Keep me posted on your success. I will be your cheer leader. I'm so excited for you! By the way, you are such a great sis in law. I love spending time with you!
Jen, I am so glad I read your blog today! I have been trying to cut way back on sugar as well. I've never been successful at depriving myself, so I make small changes. For me, the changes stick when I take baby steps. Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment