Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sugar Cont'd

Okay, confession time. I fell of the wagon and have been eating sugar. I found out that I just can't go cold turkey. We had been promising the kids all summer that we would go down to the Red Barn and get ice cream and when we did that I didn't want to be left out! For our family it will have to be a slow and gradual change to cut the sugar out. My original goals are still in place and I have been doing great with them. The days that I was "off sugar" were huge for me. I found out that I actually CAN do it! Yeah me...even if it isn't for very long. But it got me thinking about everything that I ate and wondering if there was a non-sugar alternative. One morning I warmed up & pureed strawberries & apple juice together and put it on my pancakes instead of syrup. It was TONS better than syrup! We may never by 100% off of sugar, but we are striving to be healthier one step at a time!

1 comment:

The Schooley's said...

Cheers to one step at at time. Ther is no way I could do cold turkey either. Good for you guys!!