Friday, June 20, 2008

It may never end...

Okay...I don't know how long the "pregnancy-brain-deadness" is supposed to last, but here we are 2 months after the baby was born and I'm still not cured. Here's what I did yesterday...

I got ambitious and decided to make bread to go with the clam chowder for dinner. I was really proud of myself to have everything going great and prepped to be ready for dinner at 6. I let the bread rise in the oven and then baked it. I opened up the oven to peek a couple of times while it was baking and the bread looked a little lumpy. But it had raised so I figured everything was fine. The timer went off telling me that the bread was done and I went to take it out. It was a little weird looking and lumpy on top still. "hmmm...I wonder what happened," I thought as I touched the top of the lumpy bread. RAW...totally dough still. I guess when I went to bake it, I only reset the timer but FORGOT TO TURN ON THE OVEN! Augh...so then I baked it but it had risen way too much and came out flat and REALLY weird looking. So dinner was really late, & the bread was really flat, but luckily eatable. I guess that is what I get for getting cocky and thinking I finally have it all together! :)

BTW...the clam chowder was GREAT!

1 comment:

Jinger said...

love it... that sounds like something I would do and I have no excuse of pregnancy! Well at least not yet! Love you